Feb 25 2014
Beginner’s Classes are filling up! Sign Up Today! –>>
6 Things to remember so you can stay motivated and never fall out of love with CrossFit
1. Whatever you do, Keep going: This is tough. Why would you want to go on a date with someone you don’t like…consider it more like a marriage (you are not going to easily give up on your soul-mate) nor should you easily give up on yourself. Go to the BOX and do the WOD.
2. Scale back: don’t do the WOD RX for several days, master the movements. This is completely opposite of what everyone else is doing, but tell your coach beforehand and take your time. Do it right. There is a certain gratification in doing each movement with absolute perfection. Go light and go fast. This will also get your confidence up.
3. Because you may be feeling a bit down – do not let your eating habits fall off, too. We tend to rationalize, “well I skipped the gym, so I’ll just eat this bad/junk/processed crap now to make me feel better”, or “I’ll have a glass (or 2) of vino with dinner, alcohol is a depressant, folks! Even if you can’t get your ass to the box for the WOD…keep your diet dialed in. Diet is 80% of the total package.
4. Get an accountability partner: CrossFit inherently is more accountable than most other things in our lives – but find just one person at the gym (maybe someone who is of a similar age or mindset) and be accountable to them and ask them to hold you accountable – this is the same idea as a workout buddy.
5. It’s a lifelong journey: Remember that no matter what you are doing CrossFit for yourself, for the long haul, it is not a brief commitment, it is a lifelong commitment and just like anything that lasts for more than a hot second, your feelings will change over time. Recognize this and move on.
6. Don’t lose sight of your why: Remain confident that getting in three or more workouts per week statistically puts you ahead of the game – scaled WOD or not, it all counts, so don’t be too hard on yourself!
Hang Power Clean
Hang Squat Clean
Moderate weight nothing over 185/135 but you should feel it by the end
40 Double Unders
10 Ring Dips
No Rest Between