Feb 5 2012
Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potatoes
These bacon wrapped sweet potatoes are a breeze to make and just about the most delicious thing on earth.
– Sweet Potatoes (I use yams, you should too.)
– Uncurred Bacon (They sell 2 kinds at Giant Eagle for about $6.50/lb or check out Dumas a Hartville Market to pay less than half that. You have to ask for it from Dumas, the stuff in the display isn’t Uncurred.)
– Saran Wrap
– Nonstick Pan.
I’ve attached the video from the CrossFit Journal (you do subscribe to the Journal don’t you? $25 a year, what are you waiting for?).
Here are some differences when I’ve made them:
– Dude, seriously? Steam the Yams for an hour or more in the oven? Rinse the Yams, cut off the ends, wrap them in plastic and put them in the microwave for 5-7min. You’re welcome.
– Nick Massie suggests wrapping the Yam and slicing off the exta Bacon. What an idiot! I significantly improved this recipe by simply wrapping the ENTIRE piece of bacon around the Yam. Then just cook it a little longer. Really, what was that guy thinking? Use only half the bacon? Totally defeats the purpose.
– Finally place on a rack to cool and crisp up.
Then serve in a large bowl with a sprinkle of Olive Oil.