Jan 28 2013
Welcome to a brand new week. We’ll be posting Saturday’s AIS Goal Setting video tomorrow so that everyone can take the day to focus on our on-going nutrition challenge.
Nutrition Challenge: 2 weeks in!
Today marks the start of the 3rd week of our nutrition challenge. You should have filled out the first of 4 2-week evaluations to take stock of how it’s been going. These evaluations are extremely important. They help you honestly assess if you’ve followed the objectives you set AND how those objectives effected you over the last two weeks.
After you evaluate it’s time to decide if a change is due. “What change? How much?” You Ask. A Small One. A Tweak. I’ve been eating 18 Blocks with half carb and double fat (so my blocks are F/C/P of 36/9/18). I’ve been pretty close to that model during my two weeks and I’ve lost 6lbs, which takes me closer to my overall objective of losing weight prior to The Open. No where in my first two weeks was food quality addressed. In fact I ate JoJo Potatoes and fried chicken several times…weighed and measured in the right proportions to meet my 2-week plan of 36/9/18.
I’m pretty happy with how I feel and how I’ve been losing weight so I’m going to leave my blocks alone. Instead I’m going to tweak my food quality and go Gluten-Free for the next two weeks. And that’s it. A Small Change. Not sure what to change? Ask a coach.
Generally give these things a shot:
– If you aren’t weighing and measuring, start.
– If you’re trying to lose weight, decrease your Carbs as low as 50% and increase your fat. The leaner you are the more fat you can increase.
– If you’ve been constantly hungry on Zone blocks increase your fat to 1.5 times.
– If you’re trying to lose weight, shift half of your carbs into your post workout meal (not your recovery shake but whatever meal you eat after you WOD).
– If you’re already lean and your performance in 3-12min WODs is tanking add MORE Carbs.
– If you’re Zoning but not worried about food quality start thinking about it, go Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, Paleo, Etc.
Remember: It’s two weeks. If you get fat based on what strictly following your 2-week plan, congratulations! You’ve found a way of eating that makes you gain body fat. It’s valuable information, not the end of the world. Most importantly of all, keep at it – tracking, scoring, evaluating and adjusting.
Front Squat – Of 3RM
HSPU (2012 Regional Standards)
Open Gym – 7A, 4:30P, 6:30P
Back Squat – 5×3 @ 85% of 3RM
14min Alternating OTM
Evens: 5 Hang Power Cleans (AHAP Unbroken)
Odds: 5 C2B Pull Ups (Unbroken)