Mar 11 2013
What an AMAZING weekend! I think I speak for all of the coaches when I say that I’ve never been more proud of our awesome gym. Whether you did the Open WOD on Saturday, Friday, or just came to cheer people on and shout out your support on Facebook our community came together in a way only competition can create! If you missed out, make sure to come next weekend and show your support.
Consider the following Open 13.1 details:
– 39 Athletes from MTM have signed up for The Open – and not through me pushing, I basically said nothing about it.
– MTM CrossFit sits in 41st after Open WOD 13.1 – Top 30 go to Regionals, it’s going to be tough this year.
– Jared, J-How, Kristie all PR’d their Snatch – after 70 burpees and 30 snatches.
– Kristie put that weight overhead 11 times total.
– I could be wrong but I heard that Chris C. matched his 1RM with the 135lbs – and did it 15 times.
– Nate was the top scoring Male with 163 Reps
– Jillian redid the WOD and improved by 16 reps – 185 total
– Jerry sits in 39th in the World for the Masters 50-54
WOW. I can’t wait to see what we’re capable of next week!
A couple changes:
We’ll have the Open WOD as normal programming for everyone on Thursday. Friday will be a partner WOD. This will give everyone the chance to do it Thursday and repeat Saturday if they need/want.
The next set of Monday lifting will be different than what we’ve done for the past few cycles. We’ll be doing some various movements to improve our pulling off the ground. Snatch Pulls, Clean Pulls, Hi-Pulls, Pause and multiple position pulls. The goal is improving both our posterior chain strength and our ability to move weight explosively. We’ll be doing some new movements that most of you haven’t done before, it’ll be great!
Elizabeth – Power Edition
Power Clean (135/95)
Open Gym – 4:30P ONLY
10 Min – Double Under Practice
5 Single Arm KB Deadlifts
5 Single Arm KB Cleans
5 Single Arm KB Push Jerks
5 Single Arm KB Snatches
– Then Repeat with 2nd arm for 1 Round