Mar 27 2015
Free Class Saturday at 11AM Come see what CrossFit is all about!
The Final Workout of the 2015 CFG Open is here and the most notable thing is… This is the first year WITHOUT burpees in The Open!
Plenty of thoughts and tricks about the row portion of this workout:
1. Make sure you take your time getting in and out of the rower – Slow is Smooth and Smooth is Fast. Be accurate with your feet getting in and out of the straps.
2. Row all the way to the Calorie count, you don’t want to wait on it to roll over one more calorie only to have to start pulling with your arms for it to finish.
3. One of the best ways to start a row is: quarter quarter, quarter half, half full, quarter full, full. Where the first position if written is the start of the stroke and the second is the distance of the stroke (so the first is actually start 1/4 in and 1/4 of the stroke distance to a half stroke position).
4. If the damper setting is high and your strokes per minute is low you will LOSE power because part of each pull will be lost speeding back up the fly wheel – consider a set of half strokes every other or 3rd rep to keep it moving.
1. Keep the bar on your shoulder and jump with your legs
2. Go Unbroken.