Nov 29 2013
Thanks to everyone who came out to the Thanksgiving WOD – we pulled a little bit of a switch-a-roo on you guys and did Holleyman instead (except for Andy who insisted on doing and completing the posted WOD, Marines you know – what are you gonna do? Nice Work Man!).
As the turkey and stuffing start to set in and pull you into a long winters nap consider some of the following things to dream about:
– Get your MTM Winter Apparel NOW! Today is the last day to order!
– Rogue is having a 5 items ship for $5 event on tons of items. Perfect time for some Shirts, Shorts, Shoes, Jump Ropes, Etc. (In fact some elves have mentioned that there might be some new items at MTM soon too!)
– Again Faster has bundles of shoes, ropes, and shirts – consider those OLY Lifters!
– Dick’s Sporting Goods has some reduced rates on shoes and % of or Free Shipping to consider – they sell a cut down version of the reebok line.
– If you’re thinking about running in the snow/ice this winter I just got a pair of Inov-8 Roclite 312s with Gore-Tex and have never been more impressed with a winter shoe. (Tho, I still don’t advise running for any reason other than a zombie apocalypse – which we know never happens during winter.)
As you’ve probably noticed there’s a little bit of an emphasis on Oly Shoes in this shopping list…Why you ask?
Because you need to consider getting some Oly Shoes – Reeboks are fine, Nike Romaleos 2s and AddiPowers are better – The elevated heel of an Olympic Weightlifting Shoe puts you in better position to receive Snatches and Cleans. All serious weightlifters use them and if you’ve been doing CrossFit for a year or more you should consider getting some too.
Do you know the number one thing that puts you on Santa’s Nice List? A Bodyweight Squat Snatch. Santa LOVES lifting heavy. (Of course he does, cause a fat guy like that can’t do cardio!)
“Black Friday Prep”
Teams of 2
6 Shuttle Sprints
12 Deadlifts (225/135)
Split anyway, 1 Working at a time. You can rotate through an entire round then switch or switch off station to station – it’s up to you.