Oct 2 2012
Diane is always a tough WOD but everyone came in ready to play yesterday and hit some pretty impressive times! Nice work!
Big things are on the horizon for MTM as we continue to grow and push forward. Here’s an overview of some things coming up:
– Expansion – Pushing through to our old space is scheduled to happen on the weekend of Oct 20th. We’ll be putting a 16ft hole in the wall right where the whiteboard is and installing a garage door to separate the two spaces. Side A and B (or Primary and Auxilliary, or whatever…anyone have any ideas better than these, I’m open for suggestion). Each side will have it’s own purpose. Some big classes will use both sides. Other times the Expansion will be used for Beginner’s Classes, Open Gym times, Kids Classes, or other fitness related classes.
– Schedule – With the opening of the new side the schedule will shift a little. Nothing is set in stone yet but we’re looking at 5:45A, 7A, 11:30A, 4:30P, 5:30P, 6:30P, 7:30P normal WOD times with at least 2 evening Open Gym times and possibly morning times as well.
– Equipment – You’ll start to see new equipment popping up at the gym as the new side starts to take shape. Yokes, Ropes, Stones, Sleds, Oly Blocks, and more will be coming soon along with more bars and bumpers. The Expansion will be set up very different from the current side. Pull Up bars will be on the wall and squat stands will be moveable to allow for a modular space. As new equipment shows up DO NOT just jump on it and see what happens! We will be going over how to use everything in due time, don’t just jump up on the rope and see if you can make it up – I bet you CAN make it up, now you’re 15′ in the air…so how do you get down without getting rope burn?
– Coaching – I’m pleased to announce that soon we’ll be adding several new coaches at MTM. Not only will these coaches allow us to increase the gym’s availability but they will also give a valuable 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) set of eyes on how you’re moving. Bottom line – better WODs, more PRs, more Progress and Results.
Additional things including new T-shirts and Hoodies, membership dues, athlete goals, and competition prep will discussed later this week. Exciting things here at MTM!
“LuRong Paleo Challenge 1 WOD”
– Every stop of the rope is a 3 Burpee penalty
– If you can’t do connected Double Unders greater than a set of 5 we’ll treat this as 5 Amrap: 10 Double Unders (Attempts), 3 Burpees.